Tuesday, December 12, 2017

THE TIME IS NIGH

I received an email earlier today saying Johnny is ready to come marching home. Unfortunately, I’m in California so the pickup will have to wait until tomorrow. I’m pretty chuffed about the whole thing as the last time I checked in the car looked fantastic. Certainly, there are a number of things yet to address, such as the dash and wood trim, the cruise control and timing chain guides (to be done prophylactically), but the worst of it is over. Simon and the body shop at Auto Haus Classics have been able to wash away many years of differed and poor maintenance and outright neglect. We’ve also added a few touches to make it my own. I’ll be posting some pictures here tomorrow night after the pickup and short (or maybe long) drive so we can get reacquainted after seven months of separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted anything about Johnny. Just as with the rest of you it's be a tumultuous time...