Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lug Woe Be Gone

Yes, I have been negligent in my duties. I have not posted an update in several weeks. In my defense I've been working a lot, fought the flu and for the past two weeks dealing with a bad back that makes it a literal PIA to sit for any length of time.

When I last left you, my faithful followers, I was engaged in a duel of wits with a Mercedes-Benz dealership on-line store. I am happy to say the situation has been satisfactorily resolved. My hat is off to OEMercedesBenzParts.com for refunding me the entire purchase price, including shipping, for the wrong length lug bolts, which I returned. Their initial position was they are the correct replacement bolts for the SEC and therefore they would not reimburse me for the shipping if I returned them. Even though they technically fit, they do not look right as they are recessed into the wheel, which is the point I kept trying to convey to them. It is nice to see an on-line store do the right thing. Now if I could only convince Mike & Vince to send me the damn valet key and owner list...

On the plus side, with most of the mechanicals sorted and new wheels and the correct lug bolt courtesy of Malcolm, things are moving right along and I'm happy to say JC (Johnny) is in the body shop having the shiny bits see to. A bit of a surprise, or no, was the discovery of significant corrosion around the lower lip of the rear window seal (see below). Fortunately, it has not progressed beyond the lip and onto the rear deck or into the trunk. A few more weeks in paint and body and JC will be ready for the BIG REVEAL. I'm not sure when or where that will be, but I am giving some thought to HEIMATFEST in Birmingham at the end of the month. That may be too ambitious, however.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted anything about Johnny. Just as with the rest of you it's be a tumultuous time...