Monday, January 23, 2017

The weekend has come and gone with not much new to report about the transaction. I was a little surprised to find my deposit, via PayPal, was made to a company named Chino Hills Center. So I called Mike to verify some information and it turns out it is a company he and his wife own. I suppose  this sale will be good for them tax wise.  I also wanted to check and make sure the original tool and first aid kits were still with the car along with the spare tire, jack, etc., etc. In addition I wanted to go over some defects Mike noted in the listing, so I'm not blindsided when I pick up the car and deliver to the shop in early February for preparation for the cross-country excursion.

The plan right now is to collect the car in early February and deliver it to Rafi Autotech in Culver City during one of my layovers. I will then return in mid-February to pick up the prepared car and begin the nationwide trek, but first I want to visit the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center in Irvine before heading east. Maybe an overnight in Vegas and a long haul to San Antonio to visit an old Air Force buddy and then up to Dallas to spend a long weekend with my daughters and their respective families. After that, who knows? Eventually I end up back here in Virginia where the serious work will begin, but that is too far down the road to address at the moment.

I did manage to spend a pleasant Sunday afternoon lunch with the Central Virginia Section celebrating their annual holiday banquet at the Bavarian Chef just outside of Madison, Virginia. They have an excellent German menu and bier selection. The portions were very large and everything tasted great. Worth a visit if you are in the Charlottesville, Virginia area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted anything about Johnny. Just as with the rest of you it's be a tumultuous time...