Friday, June 14, 2019

TRANS-FORMED

Johnny came driving home today and all I can say is the car is transformed. The new transmission and torque converter make all the difference in the world. I thought the absence of clunking would be wonderful, but the whole driving experience is enhanced. Smooth, effortless, quiet shifting, and it even seems more quiet and smooth while driving in every gear. Overall, the car just seems more together. Maybe the rebuilt power steering pump and the fresh brake fluid have something to do with it as well, but it is so good I didn't want to just drive Johnny home and park him. I wanted to go for a long drive and enjoy my new car. Sadly, that was not to be because of a number of reasons, which have nothing to do with the car or the tone of this blog.

Now that we have just about every mechanical system attended to, I can move forward with more of the appearance items, such as a tear in the back seat, the car-phone antenna, dash, clock, etc. The big issue, of course, is the dash, and that may be a long time coming or I can bite the bullet and try a good used one in the hopes it does not crack while being installed.

The weather promises to be fine this week, so hopefully, I can get Johnny out for a bit of a road trip. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted anything about Johnny. Just as with the rest of you it's be a tumultuous time...