Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wheels! Glorious Wheels!

Johnny's "new" wheels were delivered the other day by FedEx while I was away this past week. My darling wife, Avril, said the delivery guy, unbeknownst to her, put them in the open garage while she was working in the back garden.

When I returned late-late Sunday night I couldn't be bothered to check them out in the wee hours of the morning, so I left them until the next day. Upon further inspection, much to my chagrin, I found three of the six boxes were damaged, one significantly so. With a bit of trepidation I photographed and then opened each one. Much to my relief all the wheels were ok and in pretty good nick to boot.

Off to the shop they went for refinishing and new rubber while Johnny is having his transmission seals, all of them, mount and flex disks replaced along with the A/C sorting; new compressor, dryer, etc.

The next big leap will be for the paint and body work, interior headliner and dash. There are a couple of mods I'm considering. The first is to paint the cladding and bumpers the same as the body color. I've seen several done like that and they look very good. I'm also considering fitting Euro bumpers and headlights, if I can find them. That may come a bit further down the line. The center console wood needs refinishing along with a replacement Becker Grand Prix radio. It's a work in progress.


P.S. Malcolm - Thank you for the wheels and doing all the heavy lifting packing and shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted anything about Johnny. Just as with the rest of you it's be a tumultuous time...